Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Homemade Barbecue Sauce

I'm trying to make more convenience items from scratch, and I've played with some BBQ sauce recipes. It's been really hard for me, because I love Sweet Baby Ray's. But this recipe tastes very similar and I'm satisfied with it!

It couldn't be simpler. Just stir the ingredients together and simmer!

Here's what you need:

2 cans (15 oz each) tomato sauce
1/3 cup molasses
1/3 cup white vinegar
2 TBSP brown sugar
1 TBSP mustard
1 1/2 teas garlic powder
1 1/2 teas onion powder
1 teas sea salt
1/2 teas chili powder
liquid smoke, adjusted to taste

Whisk all the ingredients together in a saucepan. Cover and simmer for an hour or more, stirring occasionally. Adjust seasonings to taste. Cool and store in the fridge.

I put my sauce in squeeze bottles for ease of use. Mr. Lego loves BBQ with fries or chicken nuggets and on sandwiches. This sauce wins his stamp of approval!

No comments:

Post a Comment