Sunday, March 8, 2015

Menu Plan March 9-15

Last week was a perfect lesson in why menu planning is important.

I had an outpatient procedure done on Thursday morning. I have always had a hard time with anesthesia, and last week was no exception. I'm still feeling a little fuzzy-headed, truth be told. If I had not had a menu plan in place with groceries purchased, my family would have gone without meals for the past few days. I was just not capable of thinking about those things. My menu plan saved us!

Let me just take a minute to brag on my husband. He has taken such good care of me and is still doing so. He even installed an app on his phone so he could keep track of my meds and when I needed to take them. I have felt so loved. I do have to keep reminding him not to squeeze my left hand where the IV was. It's still sore. But it's a small price to pay to know he cherishes me.

Now on to this week's menu:

Monday
Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes

Tuesday
Chicken sausage and veggie hash, herbed quinoa

Wednesday
Baked egg rolls, garlic sesame noodles

Thursday
Moroccan chicken, steamed cabbage

Friday
Homemade pizza

Saturday
Chili, skillet flatbread

Sunday
Roast beef gyros, Parmesan couscous

For more meal planning inspiration, visit Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment