Sunday, May 4, 2014

Menu Plan May 5 - 11

This week is going to be an interesting one for me. Some close friends are going to be chaperoning a senior trip cruise, and they're leaving two of their four kids with us for a couple of days. Their children, a boy and a girl, are the exact same ages as ours. They've literally known each other since birth, and we often think of them as an extension of our family.

But they're not homeschoolers. Which means I'm going to have to get up early to wake them, and I'm going to pack lunches for them. I haven't packed lunches in years since we eat at home nearly every day. I'm looking forward to the challenge of doing it after getting out of the habit when we started homeschooling. I hope I can make sure they're ready for school on time!

Now on to this week's menu plan:

Monday
Ladies Night Out at church, hubby and kids are on their own

Tuesday
Chicken souvlaki, fabulous flatbread

Wednesday
Loaded jambalaya (minus the chicken but with extra sausage), cheesy biscuits

Thursday
Veggie lasagna, crusty bread

Friday
Beef shortribs in the crockpot, mashed potatoes

Saturday
Steak bites, roasted veggies

Sunday
Mother's Day - we'll get take out

For more meal planning inspiration, visit Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment