Friday, February 28, 2014

Crockpot Cheesy Cowboy Casserole

I adore using my crockpot on busy weekdays. I adore using my crockpot on busy weekends, too. It is one of my most-used appliances ever.

This recipe is one of the reasons I love using my crockpot. I can prep the ingredients in 15 minutes, throw it all into the pot, turn it on, and forget about it until it's time to serve. There are no fancy ingredients here - just plain, old-fashioned, hearty stuff that fills you up.

Here's what you need:

1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
4-5 small potatoes, thinly sliced (I used Yukon gold)
1 (15 oz) can beans, rinsed and drained (I prefer pintos, but kidney or black beans work just as well)
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes (I used fire-roasted tomatoes)
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I used homemade)
1 small onion, diced
1 teas seasoned salt
1 teas garlic powder
1/2 teas black pepper
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Place all the ingredients except the cheese in a lightly greased crockpot.
Give it a good stir.
Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until the potatoes are tender. About 20 minutes before serving, sprinkle the cheese over the top and turn the crockpot off. It shouldn't take long for the cheese to melt.


1 comment:

  1. stopped by from MPM. I think this recipe will be a hit with the hubby. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete