Sunday, September 1, 2013

Menu Plan September 2-8

 Our Labor Day weekend got off to an interesting start. My dishwasher went kaput. I mean, it's dead. My sweet husband has been helping me with the dishes since, and I've enjoyed spending time with him over a sinkful of suds. And that's saying a lot, since washing dishes is my least favorite kitchen chore. Growing up, dish washing duty fell to me, the only daughter. I have NOT grown fonder of it over the years. But sharing the chore with my love wasn't all that bad.

And while he has not complained a bit, he did not delay in researching new dishwashers and taking a trip to Lowe's to find me a new one. I sure do love him!

Now on to this week's menu (that we'll probably be eating off paper plates until the new dishwasher arrives and is installed):

Monday
Labor Day cookout with friends

Tuesday
Beef stew over rice

Wednesday
Garlic Chicken Noodle Bake, broccoli

Thursday
Balsamic pot roast, mashed potatoes

Friday
Brown sugar rubbed pork chops, corn on the cob

Saturday
Grilled burgers, pasta salad

Sunday
Chicken corn chowder, cheddar biscuits

For more meal planning inspiration, visit Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Everything sounds so delicious.
    I hope you had a wonderful Labor Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete