Thursday, September 27, 2012

Garlic Roasted Potatoes

I have always loved potatoes. Cook 'em however you want to, and I'll eat 'em! But really, I think roasted potatoes are my favorite. I love the crispy-edged ones especially. This recipe is super easy and not fancy at all. But it delivers fantastic flavor. Sometimes simple really is best.

Here's what you need:

3 lbs small potatoes (I used Honey Gold but red works great, too)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 teas sea salt
1/2 teas pepper
2 TBSP minced garlic
1 teas dried parsley (optional)

In a bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, pepper and minced garlic. Allow to sit for a few minutes so the flavors can blend.

Quarter the potatoes, making sure all the pieces are roughly the same size. This ensures even cooking without some pieces getting burned while others aren't cooked through. Dump the potatoes into the bowl with the olive oil and toss to coat well. Spread in an even layer on a greased baking sheet.
Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour. Flip the potatoes over with a spatula every 15 minutes or so.
Sprinkle with dried parsley if desired.


1 comment:

  1. Long time no see lol!

    I love roasted potatoes :D Your menu looks great as always!

    ReplyDelete