Sunday, August 5, 2012

Menu Plan August 6-12

Last week was an awful week in my kitchen!

Our downstairs AC went out on Sunday night and through a series of poorly handled customer service issues, we won't get it fixed until tomorrow at the very earliest. Because of the skylight in the kitchen, it's the warmest room in the house, even with air conditioning. Without AC, it's unbearable. So I kept my oven off all week. No bread, no muffins, no cookies. Even standing over the stove with a fan blowing directly on me, it was uncomfortable. We even tried to mitigate the skylight's effects by using a sun shield. It helped, but still I avoided cooking as much as I could! I used my crockpot several times to reheat frozen entrees I'd already cooked and we ate a LOT of leftovers!

Yes, I'm a wimp. No, I wouldn't have made a good pioneer woman. Although in my defense, I did spend the first 17 years of my life without an air conditioned house. I guess I've just gotten soft over the years. But I am extremely grateful for the upstairs AC which has kept part of the house cool.

Hopefully the repairmen will come tomorrow. That's what we've been promised. Of course, they were supposed to come last Thursday, so who knows?

Now on to the menu and hoping I get to cook more this week!

Monday
Smoked sausage and peppers, broccoli

Tuesday
Savory beef sandwiches (crockpot), green beans

Wednesday
Taco soup, sweet buttermilk cornbread

Thursday
Chicken spaghetti, cauliflower

Friday
Cook out for our church's single class

Saturday
Meatball sliders, fries

Sunday
Stromboli

For more meal planning inspiration, visit Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Well I hope your AC finally gets fixed, what a nightmare! Our central AC completely broke the day after we moved in, so I know how you feel. Looks like a yummy week anyway! -Kelly @ Semi Homemade Mom

    ReplyDelete