Sunday, August 26, 2012

Menu Plan August 27-September 2

September already? Yes, only 4 months 'til Christmas! It's so hard to believe how quickly this year is passing. I am, however, ready for the seasons to change. We've had a long, hot summer so I'm looking forward to the cooler temps and beautiful colors of fall.

This week we're back to two kids instead of four. Last week my sister-in-law and I met and exchanged kids. She has six children, three boys and three girls. I took her girls and she took Mr. Lego, so we each ended up with four. I can say, without any doubt, she got the quieter end of that deal. The boys play video games, build Legos and rarely giggle. We had extended Barbie stories enacted, girly movies being watched constantly (and sung along with) and lots of giggling. I wouldn't trade these memories of family for anything, though.

See all the giggling going on?

 Now on to this week's menus:

Monday
Lentil and rice burritos, corn

Tuesday
Indian butter chicken, rice

Wednesday
Tasty tilapia, quinoa with vegetables

Thursday
Sausage veggie calzones

Friday
Lemony chicken, sesame broccoli

Saturday
Grilled steak, Greek lemon roasted potatoes

Sunday
Chicken corn chowder

If you're looking for some meal planning inspiration, visit Organizing Junkie's
Menu Plan Monday.

3 comments:

  1. That is such a fun idea!! I'm sure your kids loved hanging out with their cousins for a week. I'm visiting from Org Junkie's blog hop. Thanks for sharing your menu plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tilapia sounds great, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from OrgJunkie. I love the idea of kid swapping. I'll have to suggest that in my husband's family when my kids and their cousins are a little older. We have lots of infants and toddlers right now - too much work for me and not enough memory making for them at that age!

    ReplyDelete