Sunday, May 27, 2012

Menu Plan May 28-June 2

Before I share my menu plan for the week, I just want to give a shout out to my parents, who today celebrated their 46th wedding anniversary. They've been an outstanding example to me of love and respect between spouses. I know the secret of success for their marriage has been their commitment to put God first in every area of their lives. I'm so thankful to have such godly parents. (This pic is from a couple of Christmases ago.)



Now, on to this week's menu plan. It's been hot, hot, hot around here in the Deep South. I've got some skillet meals planned to keep the oven off. I've even revamped my chicken spaghetti preparation to get it all done without the oven. But Saturday is Charles' birthday, and he requested lasagna. Since I have one in the freezer ready to be baked, I'll have to use the oven that day. And I have to bake a chocolate cake, too. Hubby's request.

So here's what we're eating this week:

Monday - Memorial Day
Hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill, West Virginia hot dog sauce

Tuesday
Tori No Kara-age (Japanese fried chicken nuggets), rice

Wednesday
Smoked sausage and pepper skillet over mashed potatoes

Thursday
Chicken spaghetti, cauliflower

Friday
Southwest pepper steak, fiesta potatoes

Saturday
Lasagna, chocolate cake


Sunday
Roast and potatoes in the crockpot

For more meal planning inspiration, visit Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment