Monday, April 9, 2012

Southwest Pepper Steak

I love steak. I love peppers. I love pepper steak! Most versions of pepper steak have an Asian flair with soy sauce as an ingredient. I decided to add a Southwestern twist and skip the soy sauce all together. The result was delicious - full of flavor AND color.

And it's so easy to pull together. I marinated the steak strips for a couple of hours, but if you only have a few minutes, that's okay, too. I think the hardest part was slicing up the steak and veggies! The rest was a breeze.

Here's what you need:

1 lb. round steak, sliced into thin strips
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup olive oil
1 TBSP lime juice
1 teas cumin
1 teas garlic powder
1 teas dried oregano
1/2 teas chili powder
1/2 teas sea salt
3 bell peppers (any color - I used red, orange and yellow), sliced into thin strips
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped

Mix the olive oil, water, lime juice and spices together. Place the steak strips and marinade in a plastic bag and allow to marinate for 2-4 hours.


Brush a skillet with olive oil, then heat over medium heat. Add the steak along with the marinade. Cook until the steak is browned on both sides and the liquid in the pan is boiling.

Stir in the peppers and onion. Cook until softened, about 5 more minutes or so. Add the corn and tomatoes to the skillet and heat through. There are no onions in this picture because I was out of onions, so I threw in a couple of tablespoons of minced onions.


Season with a little more salt and dried oregano. Serve over rice.



For more yummy recipes, head over to Blessed with Grace's Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment