Sunday, April 22, 2012

Menu Plan April 23-29

This weekend took a sudden cold turn here in the Deep South. I'm not complaining, considering my parents in West Virginia are supposed to get 4-6 inches of snow in the next 36 hours! Crazy, crazy weather.

My friend Suzanne and I have decided to try our hand at freezer cooking, and this week we're going to test some recipes. Both of us are busy homeschool moms, plus she works as a nurse. We're hoping that by planning and preparing ahead of time, we can serve our family healthy, nutritious meals throughout the week.

We're trying some of our families' favorites to see how they freeze, plus we're going to add a couple of new ones. If you have any great tried-and-true freezer meal ideas, please leave me a comment or link. I'd love to hear from you! I already cook and freeze shredded chicken and ground beef, but any recommendations of how to use them would be welcome, too!

Now on to this week's menu:

Monday
Stuffed pepper casserole, broccoli

Tuesday
Ranch Bacon Chicken, mashed potatoes

Wednesday
Pasta with Very Veggie Sauce

Thursday
Beef chimichangas (freezer meal)

Friday
Girls' Night

Saturday
Homemade pizza (I'm going to prebake the crusts and freeze, then finish preparing them today)

Sunday
Haven't decided, but will probably be a double batch of something I've already served this week! LOL

For more menu planning ideas, head over to Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday. And don't forget to leave me a comment if you have a suggestion for freezer meals.

4 comments:

  1. Menu sounds great!

    You are not kidding about it being cold. My family went riding Saturday and stopped by a discounted grocery store we found. Just while we were in there, it dropped nearly 10 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. menu looks good. freezer meals are fantastic. Pasta always works well. Just cook it short of el dente to make sure it holds up when you reheat it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out the right hand side of my blog for Feed the Freezer. I have posted recipes I have made. It is so nice on those days you don't feel like doing a lot to be able to pull a dish from the freezer. The easiest way for me is to just double or triple recipes from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should check the website savingdinner.com. She does some things on youtube on how to fix a bunch of meals and freeze them.

    ReplyDelete