Sunday, June 5, 2011

Menu Plan June 5-11

Dear heavens, last week was a scorcher here in the Deep South! For four days straight we endured record-breaking high temps. It's about 10-15 degrees warmer than average for this time of year! We're getting August temps in early June.

To beat the heat, I try to keep the oven off as much as possible or do my baking early in the day. I have also positioned a little fan on the counter by the stove so as I'm cooking, I've got a nice breeze. That tiny little fan has been a lifesaver for me!

Now on to this week's menu:

Sunday
Chicken tostadas (chicken done in the crockpot)

Monday
Beef and broccoli stir fry, rice

Tuesday
Tuna melts on the stove, green beans

Wednesday
Turkey kabobs on the George Foreman, pan roasted veggies

Thursday
Grilled chicken, smashed potatoes on the grill

Friday
Quesadillas, Mexican rice

Saturday
Grilled hot dogs, corn on the cob

For more yummy menu plan ideas, check out Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.

1 comment: