Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Nutella Walnut Strudel

As soon as I saw this recipe for nutella strudel, I knew I had to try it. What could be easier than nutella and puff pastry? And why had I never thought of it before? Ha ha!

Okay, confession time. I love nutella. But this is the first time I let the kids have any! I wanted it all to myself before this. I'm such a selfish mother! I knew they'd like it. And I was right. I'm going to have to hide the jar from now on!

Here's what you need:

1 puff pastry sheet (there are 2 sheets to a box, so you can easily double this recipe)
1/2 cup nutella
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 TBSP milk

Thaw the sheet of pastry and allow it to come to room temperature. Then gently unfold it. With a sharp knife, cut slits about an inch apart on each side of the puff pastry. The pastry has previously been folded into thirds, so there will be lines to help you know where to start the slits.


Spread the nutella down the center of the pastry and sprinkle with the chopped walnuts.


Now carefully criss cross the dough strips over the top, making sure to cover the filling.


Pinch each end closed. Brush the milk over the top of the pastry.


Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.


Slice into 4 pieces with a serrated knife.


This dessert was fantastic! It's definitely something I'd serve to guests. In fact, this Sunday night after church we're having a dessert party and I'm going to make this as one of my contributions. It will be easy to double and slice into smaller pieces to share.

Would there be anything wrong in making this for breakfast, you think?

For more yummy recipes, visit Miz Helen's Full Plate Thursday.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Marsha,
    Your Nutella Walnut Strudel looks delicious. I would really like to have a slice of this right now with my morning coffee, yum! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI I am your newest follower..YIPEE! :)

    I wanted to invite you to join in on a WEEKLY RECIPE LINK PARTY on my blog.

    http://larkscountryheart.blogspot.com/

    "Made it on Monday" is open for link up's every Wed.-Sat.

    I hope to see some of your recipes soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I'm crazy about Nutella...and your strudel! :) Thanks for sharing.

    I'm hosting a wonderful tea sampler GIVEAWAY! Come check it out when you have time.

    http://utry.it/2011/04/two-leaves-and-bud-tea-company-product.html

    Amy
    http://utry.it

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I have NEVER had Nutella? I see all of these tasty looking recipes all over the place though. I almost bought a jar today - I guess I should just go ahead and buy one already! Maybe I am just scared I will like it too much ;)

    ReplyDelete