Monday, January 10, 2011

Creamy Seafood Casserole

It's been snowing here in Alabama, so it's time for some comfort food! This casserole reminds me of a dish I had at Red Lobster once. I don't think it's on their menu now, but since I haven't eaten there in ages, I really don't know.

Here's what you need:

1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese
4 TBSP butter, divided
1 onion, diced
1/2 cup diced green pepper
1/2 cup diced red pepper
1/4 cup diced mushrooms
1 lb. cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 cans (6 oz) crab meat
1 cup cooked rice
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I used homemade)
1 teas garlic powder
dash of cayenne pepper (if you want a little more zip, add 1/4-1/2 teas)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup crushed Ritz crackers (12 crackers)

First, melt the cream cheese and 2 TBSP butter together in a small saucepan. The oils in each make them hard to mix together. But if you stir constantly, they will evenutally combine and become smooth. Set this aside for later.


Melt the remaining butter in a large skillet and saute the diced vegetables until tender. This will take about 5 minutes or so.


Stir in the shrimp, crab, rice, mushroom soup, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and cream cheese mixture. Make sure everything is combined well.


Transfer to a greased 8x8 square pan. Sprinkle with cheese and Ritz crumbs.


Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until browned and bubbly. The crackers and cheese add a nice crunch.

Now enjoy the creamy goodness!

For more yummy recipes, visit Tempt My Tummy Tuesday being hosted today At the Well.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm! This sounds super yummy! I have some frozen shrimp that I was trying to figure out what to do with, so I'll have to give this a try. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete