Monday, November 1, 2010

Pan-Seared Tilapia

I rarely cook any kind of fish but salmon. And with the price of salmon these days, I rarely even cook that!

But when I found a simple recipe for tilapia, I knew I wanted to try it. I bought frozen fillets and thawed them in the fridge overnight. They were then good to go for this easy recipe.

Here's what you need:

4-6 tilapia fillets
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cup flour
1 teas Old Bay seasoning
1/4 teas garlic powder
oil for searing
1 TBSP melted butter, optional

Place the fillets on a baking sheet and salt and pepper both sides.


Combine the flour and seasonings on a paper plate. Dip each fillet in the flour mixture and make sure the entire surface is covered.


Heat a small amount of oil in a large skillet. You don't want to fry the fillets. You just want enough oil to keep the fish from sticking to the pan.

Add the fish fillets and sear for about 4 minutes on each side until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Brush with melted butter if desired.



The beauty of this recipe is the simplicity. The basic flour and spice coating provides a nice crunch and plenty of flavor. My family raved about this fish and everyone agree we should add it to our meal plan often. I liked that it took less than 15 minutes to prepare. Couldn't be easier!

For more yummy recipes, visit Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace.

3 comments:

  1. YUM...we love tilapia!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like tilapia and this looks like a yummy way to fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marsha,
    Your Tilapia looks really good. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete