Monday, November 29, 2010

My New Island!

In October I got a new tile floor in the kitchen. I love it! But hubby had to go out of town for work and my center island didn't get reinstalled.

It needed a makeover. Badly. The previous owner had installed an indoor electric grill in the island which I wasn't fond of. We tried it out once, and it smoked up the house so terribly we decided it had to go.

So dear Charles removed the grill parts and was left with a huge whole in the middle. He covered it over with a board, then tiled the top for me. We chose a backsplash tile, the kind that is already connected in one sheet. It took five sheets to completely cover the island, then Charles had to grout and seal it.

This is the finished product!

The colors of the tile completely match the weird color combo already in the kitchen. We have two-tone cabinets of dark wood with cream doors. The counter tops are sunny yellow. The dishwasher and oven are black. And we have a copper glazed accent wall in the adjoining breakfast nook. Every color is represented in the tile!


I'm thrilled with it! And I'm thankful that my husband took the time to make it for me.

2 comments: