Thursday, November 11, 2010

Amazon.com Update

Last night I posted about the disgusting pedophile's guide that was available for sale on Amazon. Well, thanks to pressure from their customers, Amazon has removed the book! I received email notification from them this morning. The page is no longer available.

I'm glad that people were willing to stand up for children. I'm still angry that Amazon didn't immediately get rid of the book when it was brought to their attention. Only when it started to affect their bottom line did they pull it. Not because it was the right thing to do but because they didn't want to face a boycott.

I'm still debating about whether or not I want to buy from them in the future. What do you think about it?

2 comments:

  1. I think they did the right thing in the end and it didn't take them more than a day. I am sure from the business side they had to meet with a lawyer before they could pull it given all of the hooplah!...so I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.
    LOVE the power of the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sheri. They could have taken a stand in the name of the first ammendment, because sadly, there are people who would buy that junk....but they didnt. At least they came to their senses...besides someone at the company might have raised a stink themselves, and so it was removed....I'll still shop there, but Ill be watching!

    ReplyDelete