Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup

I love being able to throw ingredients in the crockpot and walk away while they cook. And it doesn't get any easier than this recipe.

Here's what you need:

2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or cubed
2 cups chicken broth
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup frozen corn
1 pkg taco seasoning

Place all ingredients in the crockpot and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Garnish with sour cream and cheese if desired. Delicious!


Note: if your children don't like the texture of tomatoes in their soup, switch out the diced tomatoes with another can of tomato sauce.

2 comments:

  1. This recipe is TOTALLY up my alley. I love the crock pot and I love tacos and I love soup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Marsha, Marsha Marsh! Your blog inspires me and makes me hungry!! I will definitely be making this soup!

    Your a gem!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete