Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Strawberry Angel Food Cake

This is one of my favorite summer treats when strawberries are in season. My mom has made it for years and years. In fact, it's the cake my dad always requests on his birthday. I requested it when we visited West Virginia last week and my dear mom lovingly obliged.

Here's what you need:

A round angel food cake (store bought is easiest)
8 oz Cool Whip (you can make your own whipped cream if you want)
8 oz strawberry yogurt
1/2 pint strawberries, diced

Slice the angel food cake in thirds horizontally. Mix the cool whip, yogurt and strawberries. Spread the strawberry mixture between layers and over the top. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Store in the fridge.

Here's the half-eaten cake.


So light and refreshing on a warm summer evening!


And it won't require that you heat up your kitchen! How perfect is that for summer?

For more yummy summer recipes, visit Life as Mom's Ultimate Recipe Swap.

1 comment:

  1. Tip: My late Aunt was the "Queen" of making angel food cake! She made them for every single niece and nephew on their birthday. And she always used whipped marshmallow topping as the frosting! AH-MAZING!!! However, before she passed no one got the recipe for the cake! It was top secret! So I will be trying this!!

    ReplyDelete