Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Homemade Chocolate Sauce

I can't find my camera. Which means I don't have yummy pictures to share. My camera is always in the kitchen or by the computer. I can't find it in either place. Or anywhere else. I am very sad.

I think I'll go eat some ice cream with homemade chocolate sauce to cheer myself up. My Aunt Peg shared it with my mom years ago so I grew up eating it on ice cream. Hershey's syrup? Chocolate water compared to this sauce! You'll love it and you probably already have the ingredients in your kitchen.

Here's what you need:

1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 teas salt
1/2 bag chocolate chips
1 teas vanilla
1/4 cup water

In a sauce pan, combine the milk, butter and salt. Bring to a boil. Stirring constantly, boil for one minute. Remove from heat. Add chocolate chips and vanilla, stirring until the chips are completely melted. Add the water and stir until smooth. Serve over ice cream.

Or you can just eat it with a spoon and skip the ice cream all together!

1 comment: