Thursday, May 6, 2010

Have you read the last chapter?

Okay, I admit it. I'm a last chapter reader. If I get bogged down in a book and it starts to lose my interest, I'll flip to the last chapter and see if it's worth my time to continue. I know, some avid readers are horrified by the very thought, but I need to know I'm not wasting my precious reading time (precious because there's so very little of it!) with a substandard or bad book.

That's a lot like my life. I look around at the world today and sometimes wonder, "What's the point? Good is called evil and evil good. Why try to take a stand for the Lord? It's not going to matter anyway!"

But it does matter. You want to know how I know? I've read the last chapter!!!

Good does triumph over evil! No matter how discouraged I may be now, as a Christian I'm on the winning side. God still reigns and will forever. Satan knows his days are numbered, so it's no wonder that he's working overtime to ruin lives and take as many people with him as he can.

That's why it is important to stand firm and not give up. That's why I need to do what I can to bring people to Jesus. So they can be on the winning side, too.

How about you? Have you read the last chapter? Are you on the winning side?

1 comment:

  1. Grrreat post! It is so easy to get discouraged, we need a healthy reminder!! thanks! =) Have a great weekend!! =)

    ReplyDelete