Sunday, April 25, 2010

Homeschool Field Trip - Tennessee Aquarium

Here are some highlights from our recent trip to Chattanooga and the Tennessee Aquarium!

The Princess and the penguins:



The upside-down jellies:

Bright seahorses:


I love this leafy sea dragon! Doesn't it look cool?

A Tennessee rattlesnake: (as I was taking this picture, my darling husband gently caressed my shoulder, just enough that I could feel his hand slithering toward my neck. He almost lost that hand!)


Scary shark headed right for us!


Me petting a stingray. It felt slimy and squishy!


Mr. Lego and the alligator:


After visiting the Aquarium, we walked a block to Sekisui, a Japanese sushi place right in downtown Chattanooga. The kids both ordered the child's sushi plate. The people behind us marveled that children would like sushi. What can I say? My children are unique!



We had a blast, with the exception of the screaming lady in the hotel. Even that was turned into a learning experience for the kiddos.

1 comment:

  1. We love the Tennessee Aquarium ... even more so than the Georgia Aquarium, which is only 20 minutes from our home. Glad you had a good time - even with the unruly hotel neighbor.

    Alicia
    www.kramercottageschool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete