Thursday, March 11, 2010

Peach Berry Cobbler

I like simple desserts that I can throw together in a snap. With only 5 ingredients, this cobbler can't get much simpler. The flavor combination of peaches and blueberries is unbeatable, too. I buy peaches in bulk during the summer, then slice and freeze them so I can make this dessert all year round. It's just that good.

Here's what you need:

1 box yellow cake mix
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
4 cups sliced peaches
2 cups blueberries
2 TBSP sugar

In a bowl, combine the cake mix and melted butter. It should resemble crumbs.


In a greased 9x13 pan, combine the peaches and blueberries. If using frozen fruit, allow to thaw for about an hour before you mix them up. Sprinkle the sugar evenly over the fruit.



Cover the fruit with the cake mix.


Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes until browned and bubbling.


Serve with vanilla ice cream for a special treat!

For more yummy recipe ideas, head over to Blessed with Grace's Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays.

2 comments:

  1. We call this "dump cake" and it is really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds real delish! I just know my Hubby and I will love it!!

    Blessings,
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete