Monday, February 8, 2010

Sweetheart Bookmarks

I found a cute Valentine's Day idea in the February issue of Family Fun magazine and decided to give it a try. The best part was I had all the supplies on hand. This was quick and easy and so cute.

You'll need:

Felt, coordinating ribbon, clear-drying glue, and scissors. I used a pencil and ruler too, so I could get some straight lines.

First, cut a strip of felt about 1 1/2 to 2 inches wide and 6 inches long. I used a pencil to mark the lines. I am completely straight-line challenged.


Then cut a piece of ribbon a few inches longer than the felt strip. Glue it down the middle with the clear-drying glue.



Then cut a square from the felt and fold it in half.


Now cut half a heart shape, like you used to do in elementary school when cutting out paper hearts. Unfold and see the pretty heart!



Glue this to the top of your felt strip. How easy is that?





You've just completed a cute bookmark, so go grab and book and start reading!


Here are a couple more that I whipped out quickly in different colors. All three took maybe ten minutes total because I stopped and took pictures.


These would make sweet little gifts for your child's teacher or friends. Grandparents would love to receive one of these, too. Be sure to keep one for yourself and your little readers, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment