Sunday, January 24, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - January 24-30

I can't believe this is the last week of January already! One month of the new year gone. So far I've been doing pretty well with my New Year's goals, so I'm happy. How about your goals? Has this first month been a good start to the year?

Here's the menu plan for this week:

Sunday
Pork roast, potatoes, mac and cheese, green beans, honey wheat sandwich rolls

Here's what I do for my pork roasts. Place the roast in a crockpot and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, until easily shredded. Use your favorite barbecue sauce and serve on buns or mix with pork gravy and serve over rice or potatoes. When shredded, the roast will feed a LOT of people.

Monday
Cheeseburger soup, bread

Tuesday
Baby back ribs, corn, cole slaw

Wednesday
Deep dish pizza, breadsticks

Thursday
Chicken and rice soup, rolls

Friday
Bratwurst sandwiches on flatbread, red potatoes

Saturday
Homemade chicken nuggets, fries

For dozens of menu ideas, visit Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Mondays. You'll find great new ideas and stumble across some interesting blogs, too.

3 comments:

  1. OMG can I come over and eat at your house this week? Your menu looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on over, we've got plenty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your plan sounds great! I do the same thing with pork roast. In fact, when it's on sale, I slow-cook as much as possible, then shred it and freeze it in portions. We use those to make BBQ sandwiches, or even to fill burritos. (We've been to a restaurant that makes pulled pork chimichangas, with either Mexican red sauce or BBQ sauce. Yummy.)

    ReplyDelete