Sunday, January 10, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - January 10-16

This week I'm trying to use up some leftover meat in the freezer, as well as trying to work in some more soup. The weather has been so cold lately that soup really suits my fancy. Thankfully, my family's fancy must be suited too, because they're happily eating it up!

Sunday
Corn chowder - I mixed in some leftover Christmas ham I had in the freezer. It added a whole new level of yum!

Monday
Chinese chicken and rice

Tuesday
Beef and broccoli

Wednesday
Venison stew

Thursday
Pizza and breadsticks

Friday
Cheeseburger soup

Saturday
Leftovers

If you don't plan out your menus each week, let me encourage you to start doing so. It makes grocery shopping so much easier and really helps avoid the 5 o'clock panic of not knowing what to make for dinner.

For more tasty menu ideas, check out Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Mondays.

5 comments:

  1. MmMMmmm we love venison, unfortunately none of our hunters really got a good harvest this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great plan! I am currently doing a *eat from your pantry* challenge, so I'm cleaning out all sorts of things, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to have to try some of your recipes. They just look soooo good!! Especially the chowder:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just discovered this meal plan Monday from orgjunkie. I have started meal planning along with trying a new recipe each week. Your Speedy Corn Chowder sounds delicious and I'm going to be trying it. I hope to join in next week. Hope you have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a yummy menu!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete